Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Paleo-ish chicken nachos


So the only thing that makes these nachos not strict paleo, is the fact that I bought my sweet potato chips rather than making a healthier version of them myself. Otherwise, the chicken itself is strict paleo. This is probably the simplest recipe I have, and it can be easily modified and eaten a variety of ways. This time I put it over sweet potato chips because that's what I had on hand. But you can put it over cauliflower rice (or regular rice for non-paleo), over spinach, mix it with veggies, you name it! And it's only four ingredients!! 

Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts
1 package frozen chopped spinach
2 cups salsa
2 Tablespoons garlic herb seasoning (I use salt-free since most salsa has plenty of salt) 

Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker and top with remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4.
Remove the chicken and shred. 
Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and mix it all together. 

If you are using this recipe for nachos you can top it with cilantro, more salsa, avocado, etc. I topped mine with diced bell pepper, red onion, and another variety of salsa, just because that's what I happened to have in the fridge. Feel free to get creative!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment