Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Instant Pot Herb-Crusted Pork Tenderloin

I've been having so much fun with my new instant pot, it's ridiculous! I used to think that the crock pot was the greatest kitchen invention of all time, but it's time for that old slow cooker to move over! I'm working on reinventing some of my crock pot recipes for the instant pot, not only to save on time, but I've also found that the meat from the instant pot tends to stay even juicier than in the crock pot (which I didn't think was possible). There is a "slow cook" setting on the instant pot, just in case you were wondering if this gadget really can do it all... (the answer is yes!)
I love cooking pork tenderloin, because it easily takes on any flavor you throw onto it, and it's very lean. The downside of it being so lean is that it can easily get dried out. That's why the instant pot is my new favorite way to cook this particular cut of meat. It doesn't fall apart like it does out of the crock pot, and it also retains its juices better. I love this recipe because I was able to throw the entire meal in the instant pot, so there was hardly any mess to clean up!

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs pork tenderloin
  • Sea salt & pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
  • 3 carrots, scraped and cut into small cubes
  • 1 clove crushed garlic
  • Herbs to taste:  thyme, rosemary, basil, marjoram, celery seed, nutmeg, parsley
  • ½ cup chicken broth
Preparation
- I buy the pork tenderloins from Costco, which come two to a package. I like to start by cutting each in half width-wise, so that they fit into the pot easier. 
- Next, rub each piece with sea salt and pepper to taste. 
- Pour your oil into the pot and set to sauté. Allow it time to heat up, and then sear the pork on each side. 
- Once the meat is seared, add the garlic, herbs, and broth.
- Close the lid, and hit the meat/stew button (which takes about 30 min) or if you're low on time, you can set it to manual mode and cook for 14 min on high. 
Wait for pressure to release and then add carrots and potatoes. Reseal and cook an extra 3 minutes on high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment