Friday, January 15, 2016

Paleo Mini Meatloaves

As a new mom I love keeping healthy grab and go meal options in my fridge. This recipe for Paleo mini meatloaves is one of my favorites because it's like a little "protein bomb" that fits perfectly with my macros. It's also a convenient way to squeeze more vegetables into my diet, and if you have kids it's an easy way to sneak more veggies onto their plate as well. All of the kids who try these meatloaf muffins end up inhaling them! I keep a stash of these in my fridge at all times, and you can even prepare them ahead of time and freeze them for later. This is a recipe I adapted from one that I found online. Feel free to experiment with your own combination of vegetables and make it your own! 

Paleo Mini Meatloaves
(Makes approximately one and a half dozen)

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds ground meat – mixture of grass fed beef and/or pork and/or veal (or I like to use ground turkey)
  • 10 ounces frozen, chopped spinach or about four to six cups fresh spinach
  • 1 medium onion, finely diced
  • 6 ounces mushrooms, finely diced
  • 2 carrots, grated or finely diced
  • 4 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons pepper
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 375

Combine your ground meat in a large bowl with all your veggies and the eggs. Mix thoroughly using your hands.

Add your coconut flour and all your spices and mix thoroughly again. 

Line your muffin tins with baking cups and fill generously with meat mixture 

Bake for 25-30 min until the tops begin to brown 

No comments:

Post a Comment