Monday, January 18, 2016

Paleo Pumpkin Chili!


My favorite thing to make this time of year is chili! Partly because of the colder temperatures, and partly because it's just so dang easy to make. Usually I like to prepare my chili in the crockpot to make things even simpler, but this recipe is SO good that it's worth getting the stove top a little dirty. I found this recipe on thespunkycoconut.com a long time ago and it's one of my tried and true favorites. Anyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with everything pumpkin, regardless of what time of year it is. So of course, I couldn't pass up this recipe when I came across it. It's seriously addicting! 

PUMPKIN PALEO CHILI
paleo, gluten-free, grain-free

Makes about 5 servings.

4 cups  3 cups chopped yellow onion
8 cloves garlic, chopped
2 pounds 1 pound ground turkey
2 (15 oz) cans fire-roasted tomatoes
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons honey
4 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons chili spice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon sea salt

Directions:
1) In a large pot saute the onions and garlic in coconut oil for about five minutes.
2) Add the ground turkey and break it up with a spatula as it cooks for about five minutes.
3) Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and bring to a simmer.
4) Simmer without a lid for about 15 minutes.
5) Add more chicken broth to thin slightly if desired.
6) Serve with a nice big salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment